Don't just survive, join us and let's help the Home Inspection industry thrive!
Dear Washington State ASHI Members
For more than thirty years, the ASHI Washington (ASHIWashington) chapter and its members have been advocating for professionalism and excellence in the home inspection industry. ASHIWashington was pivotal in helping the state get through licensing and we continue to be the only organized home inspection association in Washington state that is positioned to advocate for our members should legal challenges threaten our industry. The Board of Directors for ASHIWashington have been working hard to grow and improve the chapter and we want to keep you abreast of recent developments.
If you are already a member of the state chapter of ASHI, thank you for your participation and support! If you are an ASHI national member and you have not signed up as a part of the local chapter, please consider joining now. We could use your support. The membership fee is nominal once you are already an ASHI member and we are working hard to create more value and benefits to members than ever before. Together we are stronger.
Join here: ashiwashington.com
- Roughly 30% discounts to our big spring and fall live-lecture continuing education classes. If you plan on doing the live lecture continuing education, the chapter membership dues are more than paid for simply through discounts to our seminars.
- Free chapter meetings. These include catered breakfast and are small gatherings focused on specific topics. In the last few years, we have had chapter meetings (pre-COVID) with presentations on fiber cement siding inspection, marketing with Google-My-Business, water heaters, home inspection tools, and discussions about the Washington state standards of practice (SOP). Chapter meetings are a great opportunity to chat with other inspectors, network, and share your war stories.
- Exclusive CE training available only to ASHIWashington members. In 2019 we replaced our holiday party with a new CE training opportunity where you can take a 4-hour CE class right alongside real estate agents. The idea is helping to foster a conversation between home inspectors and agents and help improve the quality of real estate agents’ knowledge of house construction. This event was only open to ASHI Washington members.
- Comradery and mentorship. Home inspection can be a lonely business. Being part of a supportive group can be one of the best ways to talk through the hard experiences we all have out in the field. ASHI chapter meetings provide a place to share tips, knowledge, ideas, and information to grow our businesses and protect our sanity.
- Grow your brand and your business. Our website receives over 4,000 visits a year. Our ‘Find An Inspector’ page gets hundreds of looks from website visitors. In addition, we are continuing to offer any member the opportunity to be featured on our website. Simply send us a brief 300-word description of what makes your business stand out along with an interesting photo or two and we will post this on our blog and Facebook page.
- Protect your industry. Should the home inspection industry be threatened by proposed changes to our licensing law, ASHI Washington is the only organization set up to protect our profession. Do not assume that such protection can continue to exist without your support and participation.
Recent Accomplishments and Developments
- On-line live-lecture education. When the COVID-19 epidemic shut down large in-person gatherings, ASHI Washington quickly pivoted to Zoom-presented live lecture continuing education. While these do not replace in-person CE classes, they have expanded our reach, allowing participants to present and attend CE classes from all around the country. Our recent presentations include well-known speakers such as Douglas Hansen and Mark Cramer.
- Return to Live Seminars: With an anticipated return to our new ‘normal’, our two-day LIVE Fall Seminar is scheduled for November 11 – 12 in Seattle.
- New Marketing Team: All Media Internet Marketing Strategies continues to help us promote our events and improve our social media presence. This has included improved documentation of our live education events, an improved website, and an opportunity to work alongside a marketing team for a better understanding of how to select and implement today’s marketing tools and concepts to grow our businesses.
- Face-to-Face with Real Estate Industry: Prior to COVID, we launched our new re-invented holiday party. This event was a first-of-its-kind mixed home inspector and Realtor/broker training CE class. With great food in a great venue and even live music we networked and earned four hours of CE credit while discussing the significant events, technology, and code changes that have shaped our houses over the last 120 years.
- On-line Meetings. Over the years we have been lucky to have members from all over the Pacific Northwest. One challenge to our region is its sheer size. As an effort to be more inclusive, we have begun online board meetings to help broaden our reach and get participation from a larger swath of the state. We are hoping to start experimenting with some online group meetings as well so we can start including a greater swath of our state.
Upcoming Events: The Fall Conference. You will have $100 on the cost of this conference by becoming an ASHI WA member today.